It seems to be the case that every three years I completely redevelop my website with a view to improving the content navigation and aesthetic qualities. I originally used a piece of blogging software called b2Evolution and, sometime later, moved to using Drupal. I’m now using a privately hosted version of WordPress which seems to take a lot of the headache out of things.
I’ve wanted different things from my site over the last few years. I think I’ve learned to appreciate the user experience along with accessibility and navigability more through my work with disabled students. The University has a commitment to ‘reasonable adjustment’ which is the term used by law when referring to making alterations to content so that it remains accessible to people dealing with everything from blindness to being completely deaf or otherwise.
In any case, I hope the new site makes it easier to find existing content. I’ve recreated a lot of the existing posts and articles and back-dated them so they remain in keeping with when they were published. Links to the old articles should now be updated to take you to the equivalent article in this site.
Thanks for your patience and your attention.